days weeks ago I got this lovely award from Mummy Flying Solo. Her blog is down to earth, witty, it’s a bit like sitting down with a cuppa and chatting to an old friend…I find her posts easy to read and understand even if they are long (long blog posts often have me scanning by the 3rd paragraph, but not with MFS!). So, I’m honoured and touched that she should bestow this upon me! Thanks lady!
1. Winter or summer? SUMMER: watermelon, beach, open toe shoes, a smattering of freckles..what’s not to like?
2. What is your specialty meal? The one you cook to impress. HMMMM…I do cook a good chicken/squash risotto (it’s all in the stock).
3. Do you clean your teeth twice per day AND floss? Yep, especially since I became a proper adult and spent a silly amount at the dentist in the last few years. Clean at least 3 times, floss twice, interdental brush once. I kid you not.
4. Have you ever tried meditation? Yes, I don’t do it regularly, never have, but I go through phases where I wake up early and do some yoga and meditation before the house wakes up (not since blogging…!). I try to focus on the now as many times as I can each day and be mindful.
5. What do you read to keep your brain active? Blogs, parenting books, self-help books, magazines (The Green Parent is a fave).
6. What is your favourite book of all time? The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle really changed my life, as did old school self-help You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay. Novels, so many…Siri Hustvedt’s What I loved, Luke Rhinehart’s The Diceman, anything by Isabel Allende, Maya Angelou, I also really like many of Anita Schreve’s books as well.
7. If you could be stuck in a lift with someone who would it be? My oldest and dearest friend Erica, who I dreamed of last night, funnily enough! I would happily be stuck in a lift with her just to spend some quality time chatting with no kids yapping at my feet. She has had the patience of a saint since I had kids (over 7 years!!) having to share every conversation with a baby/toddler in tow.
8. Favourite new song released this year? Hahahahahah, gone are the days of knowing new songs released. I like Adele though.
9. Best ever holiday? All the ones I’ve had in Greece. I’m half Greek and though I grew up in the UK, I had endless long, hot, summers. As a kid snorkeling, as a teen clubbing, as an adult sunbathing and reading, and as a parent playing and splashing with my kids at our island home. I’m very, very, very lucky.
10. The gift you enjoyed giving the most. Giving my son his bikes, both times! Classic kid gift, classic family moment.
11. Do you tell your kids about Santa Claus (or will you if you don’t yet have kids)? I have gone along with the whole santa thing, leaving a mince-pie, carrot and sherry, the lot. The deal is I won’t lie if they really insist on questioning it though, so boychild at 7 knows…but girlchild still believes. Got to keep some magic in their lives!
Now I nominate 5 blogs that I like (the bit I like reading the most on award blog posts).
Thegratitudenist :apt, inspiring, level.
Mentalmom02:funny, pithy, strong.
themmmmmfamily :Warm, uplifting, balancing.
thefortunateartist:creative, thoughtful, interesting
theleakingboob:funny, versatile, opinionated (a good thing!)
Now my 10 questions.
1) Sex or sleep?
2) Last book you read and enjoyed?
3) Last blog post that made you LOL.
4) Best cooking blog/website.
5) Do you recycle? Why/why not?
6) Last meal you made that everyone in the family actually ate.
7) Fave food!
8) Chocolate: white, dark or milk?
9) Inspiring female role model.
10) Inspiring male role model.